10 Ways to Update Your Kitchen on a Budget
Have you been thinking about remodeling your kitchen? There are plenty of things you can do to transform the look of your kitchen and make it more functional. Granite countertops, kitchen islands, and new floors are all great ways to give your kitchen a much-needed facelift.
An upgraded kitchen can be a huge selling point for house buyers, but here are 10 easy things you can do to spruce up your kitchen as you’re preparing to start renovations:
1. Replace your kitchen hardware. Old, outdated cabinet and drawer pulls can date your kitchen. Give your kitchen cabinets an instant facelift by installing new hardware. Go for clean, simple styles that you can enjoy for years to come, and avoid those novelty pulls that you might get tired of after a few months of looking at them every day!
2. Paint the walls with warm, bright colors that will transform your kitchen. If you don’t want to spend time painting, consider using darker-toned accent wall to add a pop of color and a point of interest in your kitchen.
3. Freshen up your kitchen cabinets with a new coat of paint. Painting your cabinets will cover up any stains and reduce the appearance of dings and scratches. Consider contrasting your bottom cabinets by using a color 2-3 tones darker than your wall cabinets for a more dramatic look.
4. Replace your cabinet doors with glass paneled doors to give your kitchen a more open look. If you don’t mind showing off your dishes, consider removing your cabinet doors completely for a trendy open-shelf design!
5. If you’re looking to add more color to your kitchen but want to leave the painting of your walls or cabinets to the professionals, look for small appliances that can double as decorations. Stand mixers, kettles, and toasters are usually available in bright colors that add a little wow factor to your kitchen decor.
6. Lighting is everything in a room, especially your kitchen. Replace outdated lighting fixtures with something new and updated.
7. Invest in new window treatments to transform your windows. Consider retractable blinds or roman shades, which are easy to tuck away to avoid being splashed on.
8. Add finishing touches that make any room look lived in. Accessorize your kitchen with house plants, rugs, and wall hangings.
Ready for a full kitchen remodel?
Whether you’re ready to upgrade your kitchen to something that works for you, or you need to increase the resale value of your home, RJ Turner Remodeling offers professional, affordable kitchen remodeling services in the Triad. Contact us today to get started!