- By RJ Turner
- In Remodeling
How to Budget for a Bathroom Remodeling Project
If your master bathroom or downstairs guest bath has seen better days, maybe it’s time to consider a bathroom remodel. Outdated bathroom vanities, damaged tiles, aging calk, or an old-school shower tub combination can make your morning and night routines feel less luxurious. Most days, that’s the only time we can collect our thoughts, so why not make it the most enjoyable place in your house?
There are plenty of reasons to remodel a bathroom. For starters, a bathroom remodel can increase the total value of your home from 50% to 70%, which can make a real difference when you go to sell your home! Not to mention, it can give your bathroom a brand new look. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to tackle a bathroom remodeling project, but most people end up delaying their remodel because they’re worried about how to budget the project.
A bathroom remodel is a substantial investment, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend double your budget to achieve the vision you always dreamed of – the key is making a budget for your remodel and deciding where you’d like to spend or save.
As a bathroom remodeling company, RJ Turner Remodeling understands the importance of an updated bathroom and wants to help you achieve those remodeling dreams. That’s why we’re going to highlight how to budget for a bathroom remodel and why a bathroom remodeling company can help you find and stick to your bathroom budget.
Bathroom Remodel Budgeting 101
Deciding to remodel your bathroom is a big decision, and so is determining your budget. Between fixtures, cabinets, tiles, and flooring, you might be feeling like this project is going to take all your money and your time! However, that’s simply not the case. Most remodeling projects, unless it’s a floor-to-ceiling renovation, aren’t going to sit at the top end of a budget. It’s a matter of choosing what you’d like to replace and what can simply be updated or refinished. And that’s where a bathroom remodeling company can assist.
At RJ Turner Remodeling, our mission isn’t to make you feel overwhelmed with numbers and technical terms. We understand the importance and commitment of a bathroom remodel. Our team wants this process to be as enjoyable as possible, so you can love your updated bathroom for years to come. However, determining the best remodeling budget for your home is a lot easier said than done, which is why we’re here to help learn what impacts your budget so you can find the best option for your home.
What Impacts A Bathroom Remodel Budget?
When it comes time to start planning a bathroom remodel, there are a few different factors that impact a bathroom remodeling budget, such as:
- The Size
- The size of your bathroom dramatically influences the total price point. As a bathroom remodeling company, our estimates are based on the square footage of a project. If you plan on changing the size of your bathroom, that will make the project’s cost increase significantly. However, keeping your bathroom layout the same makes the time, depth, and overall costs manageable.
- The Material Quality
- The better materials, the bigger the budget, but this is something you don’t want to skip over. Changing laminate countertops to natural stone is a significant change, but that doesn’t mean you have to select the most expensive marble counters. Find materials that maintain their value, and match your budget, so you don’t overspend in the long run.
- The Fixtures and Details
- Light fixtures, cabinet details, showerheads, and other small details can significantly impact the overall price point of your project. These fixtures, despite their minor nature, can begin to add up quickly. Selecting fixtures that make a splash, but might not have all the bells and whistles, can save you money in the long run.
In summary, a total master bathroom renovation with Carrara marble countertops might be at the top of your budget. However, changing out your old countertops, updating your faucets, and changing the hardware are easy fixes that get the job done.
Once you decide to remodel your bathroom, it’s good to know which components can significantly impact your budget. The most common features that impact the price and scope of a remodel are as follows:
- Countertops are easily the material that fluctuates the most in price. Laminate, solid surface, and natural stone countertops all come in at various price points, so it’s one of the most critical materials for determining a budget.
- There are many types and styles of cabinets to choose from custom cabinets to large manufactured cabinets. Depending on the look you prefer, this is a place you could save or spend the remainder of your budget.
- White subway tile is a classic look for a bathroom, but doing your entire bathroom in floor-to-ceiling tile can become expensive. If you want to enhance the look of your space, selecting places to install tile is more cost-effective and lets you choose the type of tile you’d like most for your room.
- While it’s not the beautiful addition we love in bathrooms, plumbing is a costly and necessary expense. If you plan on moving your toilet, replacing your sink, or your plumbing has become old and corroded, then it’s time to make a change. This is one expense not worth overlooking.
How to Find Your Best Budget
Now that we’ve mentioned what parts of a bathroom renovation can impact your budget, it’s time to discuss how you can keep these prices reasonable with your bathroom remodelers.
- Eliminate Over Budget Items
- Anything you know is at the top of your budget needs to be struck out. Tempting yourself with things that you know will break the bank sets you up for disappointment. A bathroom remodeling project can be as beautiful as you’d like, and you don’t have to break the bank to do it.
- Discuss Splurge vs. Save
- Everyone has something they want when it comes to a bathroom renovation project. Whether that means you prefer a brand new tiled stand-up shower or decide to replace old shower doors, discuss these options with your family and bathroom remodeling company what features are worth saving or spending.
- Make a Small Surprise Fund
- In case of old piping problems or a material mishap, it’s a good idea to have a small fund set aside for unexpected expenses. Our team likes to be very thorough in our assessment of your bathroom remodel; however, accidents can happen. In these events, you’re not worried about the price of your remodel because you’ll have budgeted for this circumstance.
- Talk with Bathroom Remodeling Company
- Your bathroom remodeling company understands the complexity and importance of your upcoming remodel. Finding the best budget is as important to us as it is to you. If you need help finding the best funding for your bathroom remodel, our team can help you decide on a budget and other essential remodeling factors.
Need help finding the best budget for your next remodel? Check out our free resource, How to Find a Home Reno Budget, for helpful budgeting insight!
Benefits of a Bathroom Remodeling Company
Deciding to remodel your bathroom is a big undertaking, so it’s essential to work with a reliable bathroom remodeling company that has as much vision as you do. It can be challenging to combine design with functionality, but at RJ Turner Remodeling, we make sure every bathroom installation is long-lasting and incredible. You’ll have a whole new view of your morning and nighttime routines.
As a bathroom remodeling company, we understand what it takes to bring design dreams to life, one project at a time. Whether you need more space, updated fixtures, or want a whole new look, our team is up for the challenge.
Assist with Bathroom Designs
Before starting a project, we want to hear more about your vision. Our bathroom remodeling services are nothing without your creativity, which is why we always take the time to meet with our clients and discuss your design options. Once we hear more about your bathroom, we can help you reconfigure your layout to include a new vanity, shower, backsplash, and other fixtures you’ve always wanted.
Once we determine the layout and design of your bathroom, our team will discuss the types of materials that fit your budget. From subway tile to quartz counters, we can help you find the best materials for your bathroom. As a local bathroom remodeling company, we buy our materials from high-quality suppliers, so you can enjoy the beauty of your space for years to come.
After discussing your design, selecting materials, and your budget, our team of remodeling experts will get to work! Based on our initial estimate, we’ll include a bathroom renovation timeline within those trajectories so you know when to expect your brand new bathroom. Our team will communicate and update you throughout the process, so you’re never blindsided or unsure of what’s next. Plus, you can keep up with what needs to be done by following our must-have master bathroom renovation checklist.
As a bathroom remodeling company, we understand the importance of your budget. That’s why we offer general financing to all our customers! A budget shouldn’t hold you back from the bathroom of your dreams. In our eyes, every home improvement project matters, so we want to provide you with as many options as possible.