- By Richard Turner
- In Roofing
- Tags asphalt shingle, certainteed, rj turner roofing, roof repair, roof replacement, roofing, shingle roof
Though you may not think about it, your roof is quite important. It protects your home (and ultimately you) from the elements. Old and weathered shingles can compromise your roof. Maybe a slow leak each time it rains, or worse, a house full of water causing immense damage. With that said, choosing the best roofing shingles isn’t always easy. There are plenty of choices, and it can certainly be a challenge to determine which ones you should use.
Why should you choose CertainTeed shingles?
CertainTeed’s best roofing shingles offer the following:
• More than three hundred options so that you can have a roof that you love.
• Highest-quality standards that lead the industry.
• A drive to assure customers that when you choose their roofing supplies, you won’t have to worry about your roof.
What are some of the most popular options that CertainTeed offers?
CertainTeed is proud to offer over three hundred options. Some of the most popular architectural shingles include Landmark, Highlands, and Grand Manor shingles.
The Landmark shingles.
• They are made with the highest quality materials.• They are a dual-layered design which provides your home extra protection from the elements (rain, snow, sleet, etc.)
• Landmark shingles come in many colors allowing you to choose shingles that match your home (and your style).
• These shingles come with a ten-year StreakFighter® algae-resistance warranty.
• They are Class A fire rated.
• Landmark shingles are backed by a one hundred plus year legacy of trusted manufacturing.
The Highlands shingles.
• If you prefer the look and style of slate, CertainTeed’s Highland Slate is the perfect choice. It has the look, texture, and tone of natural slate roofing.
• It uses six premium color blends to offer the beauty of slate tile with the protection of traditional shingles.
• Highland slate shingles come with a lifetime limited transferable warranty. This protects you against any manufacturing defects. You may also add the Class 4 impact resistant version for extra protection against the weather.
The Grand Manor shingles.
• Grand Manor shingles give your home a special style and grace, from every angle.
• Dimensional shingles designed to look exactly like slate roofs.
• This roofing system works best on roofs that are steeply sloped.
How do you choose?
It can be difficult to decide which shingles you should use for your home… here’s some tips to help you decide.
• Choose a style that works for your home. Certain homes look better with different shingles. Shingles that look like slate work better with older homes that may have had a slate roof on them before.
• Think about your style. You can play around with colors and styles to give your home a unique look with the shingles that you choose.
• Choose a company that you can trust. You’ll want to choose a company that is established and has been in business for a long time. One that is well-respected, reviewed and admired; known for their use of the highest quality products. A company like CertainTeed.
• Read into the warranties that you get. Most CertainTeed shingles offer limited warranties against any manufacturing defects, as well as protection from the elements.
If you are in the market for new shingles, look around. Then, contact us. We’ll be glad to discuss your options so that you can find shingles that match your style (and the style of your home). If you are curious about the cost, don’t hesitate to use our instant roof cost estimator to see what you should expect when replacing your roof.