Whether you’re struggling with an extra-small apartment or you’ve joined the tiny house trend, small spaces can be a challenge when it comes to storage. These small space hacks will help you get the most out of your living spaces.
- Save precious floor space by using hanging lights or wall fixtures instead of floor or table lamps.
- Let floating shelves serve as bedside tables so you have extra storage room beneath.
- Look for storage beds with drawers beneath the mattress.
- If you’re okay with heights, try installing a loft bed! You’ll have plenty of room beneath your bed that’s perfect for a desk, closet storage, or lounge area.
- Add the illusion of space with wall mirrors. Mirrors and artwork that is taller than it is wide will add the impression of additional height to the room.
- Ugly, bulky radiators taking up space? Add a floating shelf above it to make use of that wall.
- Look for furniture that can double as storage, like a vintage trunk that can double as a coffee table!
- When shopping for furniture, avoid clunky, bulky styles that can make a space seem crowded. Mid-century modern furniture has clean lines and narrow legs that make any space look more open.
- When painting your bathroom, keep in mind that lighter colors such as pastels will help you make the most of the light in the room and make it feel less cramped.
- Make use of the vertical space by adding stacked floating shelves.
- Add shelving over the toilet to make the most of that unused space.
- If you simply can’t find more room to use in the bathroom, consider adding shelves outside the bathroom by the door to store towels and other items.
- Add free-standing wire shelving to your cabinets and double your storage space!
- Need more drawer space? Store your knives within easy reach on the wall by installing a magnet strip.
- If you don’t have room for a kitchen table, try installing a floating shelf against a window, then add some stools for a cozy café-style counter!