There is an old saying that says the kitchen is the heart of the home – but before you can begin cooking up delicious food, you have to create the perfect kitchen.
If you’re ready to begin a kitchen renovation, there is one design feature that needs to be considered before anything else – the kitchen cabinets! As the largest visual component of your kitchen, it’s important to make sure this surface is beautiful, but not overwhelming. Having the right countertops is important, but having the perfect kitchen cabinets is another matter.
If you’ve been searching for different styles of kitchen cabinets to help kickstart your kitchen renovation, you’re in luck. We’ve put together a list of our five favorite kitchen cabinet ideas, so you can store and serve everything you need with ease.
What to Remember When Picking Kitchen Cabinets
While there are plenty of kitchen cabinet ideas to choose from, there are a few fantastic styles that are sure to compliment your kitchen.
When it comes to a kitchen remodel, it’s important to think about two things: your own style preferences, and what adds the most value to your kitchen. Because so many homebuyers pay attention to detail, they’ll notice if your kitchen cabinets are too abrupt or trendy. Your cabinets are the most important decision you’ll make when designing your kitchen.
It’s important to take your own taste into account, but it’s equally as important to choose a cabinet door style, color, and paneling that will appeal to future homeowners. You likely won’t live in this home forever – so think about what future buyers are going to find most attractive. Once you find the best time to remodel your kitchen, it’s time to consider which style suits your space.
Different Styles of Kitchen Cabinets
When it comes to selecting kitchen cabinets, there are a wide variety of styles to choose from. Instead of spending hours looking for what may or may not suit your space, we found five of the most popular kitchen cabinets designs. This way, you’ll be able to make the best design choice for you, and your home’s resell value. Now, let’s review the most popular styles of kitchen cabinets.
• This is a more traditional cabinet design, that is timeless for any kitchen. The best part about shaker cabinets is that they come in a variety of colors, but their style and structure are always the same.
• Shaker cabinets are constructed using a center panel called a recessed panel, and stile and rail paneling lining along the top and bottom. This provides minor depth to your cabinet, without drawing the eye into too many places
• As the most popular style of cabinet, they are pretty affordable for most remodeling projects.
• Yes, as the name suggests, these cabinets are 100% completely your design! If you have a particular vision for your kitchen or a specific finish in mind, custom cabinets are the way to go.
• These sit at the higher end of most budgets, so be sure to plan accordingly. Also, don’t pick a cabinet color or style that is too complicated. This is where you risk losing the interest of future homebuyers.
• These cabinets are ideal for making a splash in your kitchen. If you have a particularly dark kitchen and need to brighten up your space, glass front cabinets will allow more light to reflect throughout your space.
• You can choose the style, color, and texture of the glass door, creating a truly unique cabinet design.
• These are a little more pricy, so be sure to budget accordingly, or pick a few sections in your kitchen that are suitable for glass doors.
• If you have a country or cottage style home, one of the most popular cabinet styles is beadboard. Beadboard cabinets are created by vertical slats fitting into one another seamlessly. While it’s a very charming look, it’s also very timeless and can appeal to a variety of buyers.
• You can pick the depth and length of your beadboard slats, which is a great design element for plenty of homebuyers. Beadboard cabinets are also known as one of the more interesting cabinet styles, because of their charm and texture.
• Unlike more popular raised panel cabinets, flat cabinets offer no depth or texture. These cabinets have a stark appearance and create a far more modern looking kitchen.
• These flat panels are very easy to clean and complement new stainless steel appliances and other exciting features you add to your kitchen. However, because they are so simple, use an interesting color choice to add depth.
The bottom line? It’s important to pick a kitchen cabinet style that suits your taste, and your budget. If you need a home remodeling company that can tackle your kitchen cabinet installation, and other home improvement projects, make RJ Turner your first call. Our project managers are experts in kitchen renovations, bathroom remodels, and exterior finishes. When it comes to Winston Salem home remodeling, we know what it takes to build your perfect kitchen.