Has your current home layout stopped working for you? Maybe your family has outgrown the space, or your dated kitchen makes you want to avoid cooking. You might be considering moving, but between finding a new home and packing up boxes, this can take quite some time. Why not remodel your current home instead?
A few of the benefits of remodeling your home include completing a well-deserved upgrade to the space you call home and increasing your home’s resale value.
RJ Turner Remodeling is always ready to transform your house into your dream home if you’re looking for trustworthy home remodeling contractors. Whether you’re just adding a sunroom or attempting a whole house remodel, RJ Turner is ready to help with remodeling a home.
There are many reasons for renovation. Let’s explore the many advantages of remodeling the house. Below are some of the top benefits of home remodeling:
1. No Need to Move
Do you really want to uproot your life and relocate somewhere else if you love the neighborhood you live in? Moving is considered one of the most stressful events in a person’s life. In addition to the hassle and costs of the move itself, other factors such as finding a new place close to work, leaving a familiar area, and the possibility of your kids changing schools and leaving their friends are all possible when you move.
Remodeling an older home can give you the space and functionality needed to stay. The renovation process can transform your entire house and update your living space.
With the right home remodeling company, you can remodel the home you want without the need to leave behind what you’ve already built. If you’re looking to hire contractors, trust RJ Turner to supply interior designers and a dedicated, good contractor to take your remodeling project to the next level.
2. Add Value to Your Home With House Remodeling
Even if you don’t plan to move out anytime soon, it’s always a good idea to keep your home’s resale value in mind. Kitchen remodels, room additions or other upgraded features can significantly increase the overall value of your home. However, perhaps more importantly, your home will become an even better place to live in the meantime.
You and your family can enjoy the features and upgrades you’ve always wanted with home improvement without sacrificing any future resale value with remodeling projects.
Here are some of the best home remodels in Greensboro, NC:
- Update kitchen and/or bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Stay up with the latest trends in interior design
- Remodel a basement or attic space
- Install new windows or doors
- Incorporate energy-efficient features that lower utility costs and reduce carbon footprint.
- Create a stylish oasis for entertaining friends and family or just an extra room to relax.
Whether you’re looking for a new home or want to make the one you have feel brand new, RJ Turner Remodeling is ready to help you experience the benefits of home remodeling. As a home remodeling company, RJ Turner works diligently to realize your home’s vision on small and huge projects.
3. The Benefits of Home Remodeling: Customizing Your Home
We all have a dream home in mind. Maybe it’s the one we grew up in, saw on TV or something we found in a magazine. Whatever it is, there’s no reason you can’t remodel your home to better suit your needs and taste.
A home remodeling company can take your ideas and plans into reality. If you want a gourmet kitchen, spa-like bathroom, or any other type of upgrade, house remodeling is the way to get it.
Maybe your house has all the basics, but does it fit who you are? Your home renovation project could turn a basic house into a home that fits your personal style. With the right remodeling contractors, anything’s possible.
When it comes to customizing your house to fit your lifestyle, consider the following benefits of remodeling the house:
- By changing the layout of a room with house renovations, you can customize how you utilize space.
- Using light fixtures in the perfect spot will change any ambiance or mood you want for that particular part of your home.
- A porch swing might be just what your back porch needs if it is currently not something offered within its design.
- A fireplace in your living room will add a focal point and cozy feel to any space and add benefits for warmth during colder winter nights.
- Building an addition will provide benefits for extra square footage and make use of underused space.
- Add a lazy susan to that awkward corner cabinet for easier access to all of your dishes without moving them around.
- Get rid of the off-brand appliances and update with some stainless steel as well as built-in microwaves!
- Large trees provide shade and privacy in your outdoor space.
By adding spaces that are important to you, or taking away spaces that are no longer serving a purpose, remodeling your home can be a way of truly customizing it to better fit your needs.
Contact our team at RJ Turner Remodeling today about all the unique home renovations in Greensboro, NC that home remodeling contractors can help you accomplish.
4. Remodel Your House to Work for You
Don’t force your family to work around the house – make your housework for your family! Whether you need a bathroom remodel to accommodate those busy mornings, or your floor plan makes it crowded when company arrives, remodeling the house allows you to configure every room in your home to fit your needs.
Over time, the way we use our homes changes. Families grow, remodeling companies come and go, and trends in home design change. What worked for your family 20 years ago might not work now. If you have a growing family or find that your home doesn’t work as well as it used to, remodeling might be the answer.
A home remodeling company can assess how you use your home and help you come up with a plan to make it more functional. For example, if you entertain often, they might suggest an open floor plan or a larger kitchen. If you have young children, they might suggest remodeling a bathroom to make it more child-friendly. Whatever your needs, a remodeling contractor can help you find the solutions you need.
There are many other benefits of remodeling the house as well:
- You can finally get that custom closet or storage space you’ve always wanted by remodeling your home.
- Add an island to the kitchen for extra counter space and storage.
- Open up the floor plan with a kitchen remodel to make entertaining guests easier.
- Put in a patio door to have easy access to the backyard.
- Enclose a porch to turn it into a playroom, study or den.
- Move the laundry room to the main level if you don’t want to go up and downstairs with laundry baskets.
- Turn an unused room into a home gym!
A remodeled house is a house that works for you – not against you. And when your home works for you, your life is much easier.
One of the tremendous benefits of home remodeling is flexibility—it’s up to you to decide what renovation your house needs.
If you’re ready to start remodeling your home in Greensboro, NC to better suit your needs, contact RJ Turner Remodeling today! We would love to help you achieve your vision for your home.
5. Upgrade by Remodeling an Older Home
There’s nothing quite like the charm of an older home, but that doesn’t mean you have to live exactly as they did back when your house was built! A remodeling company can replace outdated appliances and fixtures with new, energy-efficient models and replace that questionable shag carpet with new hardwood floors!
The benefits of home remodeling for older houses:
- Your home is more energy efficient
- You can modernize your appliances and fixtures
- It will save you money on the electric bill
- You can install new hardwood flooring
- You can update the layout of your home for a more open feel
- Your home will have increased curb appeal
- It’s good to do so before selling!
Remodeling an older home presents the opportunity to make it your own while keeping the character and charm that made you fall in love with it in the first place. And with the bonus of increased energy efficiency, you can remodel your home while also saving money on energy costs.
Here are some of the ways you can upgrade your home while still maintaining its original charm:
- Install new energy-efficient windows.
- Replace an old, inefficient furnace or air conditioner.
- Add insulation to the attic or crawl spaces.
- Update light fixtures and outlets.
- Replace old plumbing fixtures in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Install a new roof.
- Paint the exterior and update the landscaping.
If you’re ready to start remodeling an older home, contact RJ Turner Remodeling today! We are experienced in historic home renovations and would love to help you bring new life to your older home with unique home remodeling.
If you’re still deciding what renovations to prioritize, check our free guide on renovations that return!
6. Why Remodel a Home? You Can Reduce Your Maintenance and Utility Costs!
The cost of home remodeling is well worth it when it saves you money in the long run. Remodeling your home with updated fixtures and finishes can lead to more considerable savings down the road.
It’s essential to replace or repair your roof before a small leak becomes a big problem or update your windows for energy efficiency. You will benefit from a practical home remodel, but you can also save money from modern upgrades.
RJ Turner Remodeling is the ideal house remodeling business to work with. Our team takes pleasure in each job they do, and they make sure you are entirely pleased before leaving. They have the knowledge and experience to complete tasks quicker and better, whether for new construction or repair work on an existing property.